- After logging into your website locate “Forms” in the left-hand sidebar of the admin.
- Click “Forms” to visit the forms dashboard.
- To create a new form choose “Add New” from the forms dashboard.
- Give the form a title and a description.
The Standard Field options include:
- Single line text is used for anything that a user will answer with a short reply.
- Paragraph text is used for question and/or comment fields. If the question requires a detailed answer paragraph text is a good form field option.
- Checkboxes are used for a user to mark a preference with multiple possible answers. For example: If the question is, “When are you available for a call.” The options could be morning, afternoon, evening. Checkboxes allow a user to select multiple options to the question.
- Radio buttons allow a user to select a single answer from the options provided. For example, If the question is, “What is your favorite color?” The options could be: Red, Blue, or Green. The user can only select one option from the choices provided.
- Advanced fields are automatically formatted form field options. Use these for the common form field questions like name, date, phone number, email address, and mailing address
The Advanced tab is where you are provided with different options for your form. Make sure to check the box next to “Enable anti-spam honeypot” to avoid spam.
The next tab is the Confirmation tab where you can edit the message users receive after submitting a form.
Always make sure to save your form by clicking the “Save Form” button. A window will appear with various options. You can preview the form to see what it looks like, continue to edit the form, or return to the form dashboard.
Manage Form Entries
- To manage form entries visit the Entries section. Any time someone fills out and submits a form on your website is will be stored here.
- If you would like to export the entries locate the “Import/Export” option beneath forms in the left-hand sidebar and select a form to export entries from.